- Henderson, A.K., Fox, D.L., Cowling, S., Freeman, K.H., Latent power of C4 plants tip Plio-Pleistocene climate cooling. In review, Geology.
- Nelson, D.M, Henderson, A.K., Huang, Y., Hu, F., Effects of vegetation change on leaf-wax δD in the Holocene sediments of Steel Lake, Minnesota. Submitted, Organic Geochemistry.
- Shuman, B.N., Henderson, A.K., Plank, C., Moisture patterns in the United States and Canada over the past 15,000 years: a new synthesis of lake shoreline-elevation data. In review, Quaternary Science Reviews.
- Bartlein, P.J., Harrison, S.P., Brewer, S., Connor, S., Davis B.A.S., Gajewski, K., Guiot, J., Harrison-Prentice, T.I., Henderson, A., Peyron, O., Prentice, I.C., Scholze, M., Seppä, H., Shuman, B., Sugita, S., Thompson, R.S., Viau, A.E., Williams, J., Wu, H., 2011, Pollen-based continental climate reconstructions at 6 and 21 ka: a global synthesis: Climate Dynamics, 37 (3), 775 – 802. DOI 10.1007/S00382-010-0904-1. bartlein et al 2011
- Henderson, A.K., Nelson, D.M, Hu, F.S., Huang, Y., Shuman, B.N., Williams, J.W., 2010, Holocene climate seasonality captured by a dual-isotope approach at Steel Lake, Minnesota: Earth and Planetary Science Letters, DOI 10.1016/j.epsl.2010.09.024. henderson et al, 2010, epsl
- Henderson, A.K., Shuman, B.N., 2010, Differing controls on lake- and river-water hydrogen and oxygen isotopic values in the western United States: Hydrological Processes, DOI 10.1002/hyp.7824. Henderson and Shuman, 2010, Hydro Process
- Shinker, J.J., Shuman, B.N., Minckley, T., Henderson, A.K., 2010, Climatic shifts in the availability of contested waters: A long-term perspective from the headwaters of the North Platte River: Annals of the Association of American Geographers. Shinker_et_al_2010_Annals_of_the_AAG
- Henderson, A.K. and Shuman, B., 2009, Hydrogen and oxygen isotopic composition of lake-water in the western U.S.: Geologic Society of America Bulletin, DOI 10.1130/B26441.1.Henderson and Shuman, 2009, GSA Bull
- Shuman, B., Henderson, A., Colman, S. M., Stone, J. R., Stevens, L. R., Fritz, S. C., Power, M. J., and Whitlock, C., 2009, Holocene lake-level trends in the Rocky Mountains, U.S.A: Quaternary Science Reviews 28, 1861 – 1879.Shuman, Henderson, et al., 2009, QSR
- Shuman, B., Henderson, A., Plank, C., Stefanova, V., and Ziegler, S., 2009, Woodland-to-forest transition triggered by dry conditions in Minnesota after AD 1300: Ecology 90, 2792 – 2807.Shuman, Henderson, et al., 2009, Ecology
- Henderson, A.K., Freeman, K.H., Fox, D.L., The rise of C4 grassland ecosystems, a climate puzzle. American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA, 2011.
- Henderson, A.K., Freeman, K.H., Fox, D.L., The role of trees in the evolution of C4 grassland ecosystems in North America, a molecular perspective. Geologic Society of America, Minneapolis, MN, 2011.
- Henderson, A.K., Shuman, B., Huang, Y., Paleoclimate application of compound specific δD analyses in the Rocky Mountains: modern calibration and Holocene temperature trends. Isocompound, Potsdam, Germany, 2009.
- Henderson, A.K., Elliot, G., Shuman, B., Huang, Y, Ecologically significant Holocene temperature trends at the headwaters of the Colorado River. Ecological Society of America Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2009.
- Henderson, A.K., Elliot, G., Shuman, B., Huang, Y., Comparison between mid-Holocene and twentieth century climatic change and alpine treeline fluctuations in the western U.S. based on compound-specific hydrogen isotopes, tree rings, pollen, and macrofossils. American Geophysical Union Conference, San Francisco, CA, 2008.
- Henderson, A.K., Shuman, B., Hydrogen and oxygen isotopic composition of lakes in the western United States. ISOSCAPES meeting, Santa Barbara, CA, 2008.
- Henderson, A.K., Plank, C., Shuman, B., North American moisture gradients over the past 15,000 years recorded by lake levels. American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA, 2007.
- Henderson, A., Shuman, B., Hydrogen and oxygen isotopic composition of lakes in the western United States related to hydrology and seasonality of precipitation. Geological Society of America, Denver, CO, 2007.